Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's get'in hot in here

It seems like all of the sudden I have a totally different child. Why does it have to happen so fast? Why can't it be a slow process of development? What makes a baby suddenly want to sit up and learn to crawl? She was fine with laying down just a couple of days ago. Now she is sitting up, playing with her toys, and just seconds shy of crawling around the room. What the hell? I wish she wouldn't be in such a rush. Oli has several teeth now and two more making their way down as well. No more gummy smiles, no more baby bath tub, and shortly no more baby food. She has about had it with the baby food. All she wants now is what we are eating. She does really well with table food (no meats yet), and does great picking it up and feeding herself as well. Macaroni and cheese is pretty much her favorite at the moment. She yells at you if you don't get food in her mouth as fast as she would like!!

I am having such a hard time believing that she is 8 months already. That just doesn't seem possible to me. Besides that it doesn't seem at all possible that Thanksgiving is coming up already, never mind Christmas. This last year FLOWN by!! I guess I had allot going on this past year and that is what you get when you are busy. It feels like I just blinked and it's all but over with.

I know I have been sucking big time at keeping this thing updated. I never really have a moment of peace to think, that is pretty much why. Once the kids are up and about they are both usually pulling me in different directions for their attention and needs. Then there is the dogs, keeping this huge ass house clean, the husband when he gets home from work, and by the end of the day all I want to do is go to sleep. There is not much room for downtime, quiet time, or time to myself. I am not complaining, it just is what it is. After living in that small house in NC I forgot what it is like to live in a bigger home. God forbid I should be lazy one day and not want to do much cleaning, the place looks and is f*cked up. There is always something to clean and pick up. ALWAYS.

Can I tell you how strange it is to think that it's winter back in NY? It is so easy to forget the holidays are approaching here. Nothing feels like winter, nothing feels like it's the holidays. It's still 85 here everyday, sunny, the grass is green, we still have flowers, and we are still going to the beach. I know "Poor me" right? :) I am just saying, it is strange to see pictures of family and they are all dressed head to toe in big bulky clothing, jackets and hats. It is also strange to be shaking from the "cold" weather at night when it plunges down to 75!! Brrrrrr......

So, Em is playing soccer. She is pretty good at it when she decides to let go of her self consciousness and play. She is so worried that her "friends" there will laugh at her if she screws up. I don't know where she got that from. Maybe pre-school??? But anyway, it's annoys me because I don't want her to worry about what others think of her. I just want her to be herself and say "screw you" to the world. For Halloween I got one of those canned hair colors. I sprayed her hair this crazy pink color. Keith and I were telling her how great it looked and to look in the mirror... She looked and within two seconds flat she was crying. Sobbing big tears... saying "my friends are going to laugh at me" After much talking and convincing she finally went out with her pink hair and had a good time. Why she thinks like that though is beyond me. Keith and I have never said to her she had to be perfect or else... So, I am hoping it's just one of those weird stages.

Aside from that Emily is doing fine. Stubborn as always but good. She has such a strong personality and she has tried my patience with it! She has such a hard time focusing on what I from her or what I am saying to her because all she can think about is what she wants to say and what she wants. Our communication has been clashing because of it. That and my patience is wearing thin from it. It it mentally exhausting to repeat myself so much, and having to be on top of her with every little thing I ask. I literally have to make her look at me and force her to listen in order to have a conversation that I know she is acknowledging. I feel bad for her because I know allot of my attention has been and still is on Olivia. It is not something I can help though... It's not like I can leave Oli on the floor to fend for herself. It's not like she takes anything out on Oli, she is really good to Oli and helps out allot with her. I just think she does things towards me that demands more of my attention on purpose. Since the dogs have gotten here though she has been gearing more of her attention and playtime toward them. She really plays with them both allot and keeps them on their toes. Literally, on their toes, running, chasing them, dressing them up, ... never really any time for those doggy naps that they love oh so much!!

Olivia like I said is growing too quickly. She is so big and chunky!! I am enjoying her baby time as short as it is... I know what awaits me down the road... At least that is one good thing about having another child, you know what to expect! Which can be both good and bad!! Other than growing too quickly she is doing great. She loves to "talk" and loves to do anything with her big sister. She eats great, sleeps great (Thank you Jesus!!), and is up to par with her peers. She likes to give kisses, is wanting to stand more, loves to jump in her jumper, play with her toys, and in general just wants to be with us and involved with what we are doing. Right now she is easy to please and an over all good baby. The two things that everyone tells me daily is what a good baby she is and what beautiful eyes she has. Both are true...

So, that about wraps things up at the moment. I have a couple more pictures I took this weekend in my failed attempts of Christmas card pictures of the girls. That was fun... (insert my eyes rolling) I think my next attempt is going to have to be during the morning when the sun is not at it's peak and find a beach that has softer sand. Fun times...

So, until next time...

Oh yeah, and thanks to my sister I now have become a Lost addict. I am on Season 2. Anyone know of how I can be an Extra on the show? :)