Sunday, August 07, 2005

Lift Off and Wide Turns

Last week I was a proud Mommy... The thrill of Emily walking from one object to another... The clapping, they "yeahs", the "Big Girls". Then suddenly "Lift Off" has taken place and MY world has changed. Ever since the girl has figured out to use her little legs to walk she has not stopped. Back and forth, back and forth....over here, over there, EVERY WHERE! She picks things up just so she can throw them then walk over and get them. It is non-stop people. NON-STOP!! It is the cutest little walk though, she looks like Frankenstein. She hasn't quit mastered the turning either and does these huge wide angle turns. God help you too if you TRY to move her in another direction when she has it in her head to go in another. Your ear drums may never be the same people...I know with her first birthday it was the official ending to her being a baby but now some how with her walking it seems more so. My little baby girl is a walking toddler and I really am a proud Mommy, just a very tired and worn out one!
With this new milestone some other new fun exciting yet messy things have been happening. Suddenly she has developed the urge to feed herself with a spoon. Let's just say that I have reintroduced her to the bib... She actually does a pretty good job but clean up requires an extra 10 minutes after eating. We have been drawing too... she kind of gets it but hasn't really created a masterpiece yet. I will let you know when they are on the Market...
Emily has suddenly developed a strong understanding of language as well. She understands complete sentences now...not just one word references. I can say "go get the ball, go get the cup"... or "Emily come with mommy"... She understands when I tell her she is going to bed and what is going to happen when I say she is going to have a bath. It amazes how quickly she develops. Yesterday I asked her to follow me down the hallway to go get her bath and she walked behind me... Last week that would not have happened, she would have sat on the floor and screamed at me for leaving her behind...
Em has also found a new love.... Corn on the Cob. She LOVES it. She had it twice today and each time it was like I had given her a golden pacifier. Too bad that once she is done with it she throws it on the ground for the dogs... Then I have to run around the room yelling at them and pry it out of their mouths.... Fun. I think she might be doing it for her entertainment....
This weekend we have been with Elaine and Dwayne. Hanging out at their house and being bums. It was nice. Won't be long until the guys are gone...maybe a week, maybe two. I will let you know.
Anyway, I am going to curl up in bed and read a book. Until later....