Monday, May 19, 2008

Yeah Me

Do you know where your children are? I do, mine are in bed. Thank God! I don't care if it's 6am and I only slept a couple hours at a time last night. Do you know why? I'll tell ya... Because I can sit here in peace in quiet and enjoy a nice HOT cup of coffee... slowly. Not the normal slap it down in two seconds while it burns the back of my throat all the while standing up to drink it. I swear if somebody wakes these kids before I finish this coffee it's grounds for a bitch slap.

Yesterday was one of THOSE days that you have as a mother with an infant. Not the cuddly sweet day but the day where they never let you put them down even to take a piss. The kind of day where they haven't napped all day, their eyes are beat red, and they a big wrinkle in between their brow from frowning so much... the kind of day that when you FINALLY think they might sleep somebody with a big mouth wakes them up two seconds later? Where you can't even lay them down alone without them screaming bloody murder? I hate those days... So this is the morning after that day and Keith just went to work and both kiddos are sleeping. The coffee is still nice and hot and I am hoping that my arms get a break today along with being able to shower later. I guess I could do it now but you have to weigh your priorities with an infant. Coffee is numero uno...

People keep saying to me "Julie, why don't you write in your blog?" Well... let's see... I HAVE A BABY ONLY A FEW WEEKS OLD THAT NEVER SLEEPS! I AM BREAST FEEDING AND SHE NEVER WANTS TO BE ON HER OWN. UNLESS I GROW A THIRD ARM (WHICH I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO HAPPEN BY THE WAY), I CAN'T TYPE WITH HER HANGING FROM MY BOOBS ALL DAY. And yes, it is literally all day now because we just found out (Well, I knew it but nobody took my seriously because apparently every mother knows best except for me.), that she has acid reflux. So, she eats, throws up, and wants to eat again. I can no longer feel my boobs people... You could hook a vacuum cleaner hose up to my boob and I swear I wouldn't be able to feel it.
On the rare occasion she naps alone or what have you I have to do this little thing called "Getting ready to move to Hawaii". Oh yeah, I also have a four year old who is craving my attention and doesn't EVER stop talking to me. EVER!!!! (Remind me why she was in speech Therapy for a year and why I was so worried about her never talking because I am not even sure she is getting enough oxygen during the day from flapping her lips so much) Then there is the husband who is back after 7 months and now after coming back from NY I have to take care of a house. (Where is Grandma and Grandpa when you need them?) Let's not even talk about how we left NY a week ago and I am still trying to catch up on laundry from then. I HATE laundry... Let's face it, THAT is really the punishment brought on women for biting into the apple....

So. That brings everyone up to speed. No, I am not grumpy, just busy and being blunt about it. I barely have enough time for everyone in this family that is craving something from me let alone have time for myself or outside of this family of 4 at the moment. Thank God I bought a new phone that has a text pad so I can at least text people at times. Of course I need to remember to get my phone out the diaper bag and keep it charged to do so.

In case you were wondering, we are leaving NC for good at the end of June. I just want the movers to come and get everything and get going with it. I have already started putting toys in bins and organizing them so it's easier to unpack them. We had a garage sale this past weekend and sold the last of our crap that we really didn't want to move with. We also bought Emily a new bedroom set and Olivia a crib for the new house. So, we have made some preparations but I hate having everything just hanging over our heads and waiting. I am not really looking forward to the 15 hour plane ride either. I think Em will be fine and we plan on buying her a hand held gaming system either from Vtech or Leapster to keep her busy. (Anyone know which is better?) It's the baby I am worried about. I don't want our kid to be "that" kid on the plane that won't stop crying and driving everyone nuts. I guess I could keep her on the boob the whole time but I am not sure they won't shrivel up and fall off after 15 hours.

I am so not that mother either that doesn't mind whipping her tits out in public to nurse either. I won't do it. I will go to the car where I have a bit of privacy to do it. Even then I have to be in an area where people are not walking by the car. Keith keeps saying that I should just do it (Like while we are in a restaurant or something like that) Ummm nooooo.... why don't you walk around with your zipper undone and your balls hanging out if it's nothing major? I know I am feeding my kid and all and MOST people understand this but people still stare Or they do that look like they are trying not to. I don't like it. And here it's even more uncomfortable... there is no way I would do it in public here in a Marine Corps town. Yeah, like I would be real comfortable with a bunch of 18 year old Jarheads snickering with each other over the old lady with her shit hanging out... no thanks....

Speaking of the baby. She is great. She is such a chunk compared to how Em was as a baby. She is starting to sleep in 3-4 hour intervals at night except early mornings. She just started her acid reflux medicine a couple of days ago and hopefully that will help her eat better and feel better. People ask me all the time who I think she looks like... she looks like her Aunt Kristin (My sister), and she has her Uncle Ian's (Keith's brother), light blonde hair coming in. So, she doesn't look like Keith or I but she does look like our family at least! She is pretty much a good baby. She has her moments but now that she is sleeping a bit more I can deal with them better. What is harder on me is not having time to give Em more attention. She is awesome though at not being jealous and helping. She is a great helper. Like last night Keith and I were trying to clean up after dinner and Olivia kept crying and Emily would go to her and put the pacifier in her mouth and talk to her. She is really sweet to her. The sweetest is though that she always calls Olivia "My Baby". I am not so sure if a few months from now she is going to enjoy sharing her toys but at the moment all is well in that department.

Well, I have to go and actually do the mom thing now. The little one is awake and Em just strolled down the hallway, walked into the kitchen and grabbed a left over biscuit from last night's dinner. Guess I don't have to worry about breakfast this morning...LOL

Later people.