Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bye Bye George

Okay, so let's just get this over with shall we? I am going to miss George. I LOVED GW. I have made no secrets about that. I truly believed he did what was in the best interest for our Country and did what he had to do to keep us all safe. He was our President... and I supported him. Sure he wasn't perfect but the last time I checked I haven't met a politician who was. He had some very difficult issues to deal with and he handled them. You may not have agreed with how he did it but you are in your home safe and this Country did not see another terrorist attack after 911.

The media tore him apart dividing this Country when we should have been standing together. Celebrities who are overpaid entertainers felt the need to voice their opinion, telling us, the common folk how to think. Hatred grew and spread like wild fire...The media mocked every little thing he did and said almost relishing in the hatred they grew for him. It sickens me as an American, as a military wife that the American people acted in such a way to one of our Presidents. Our nation's leader that OUR OWN people voted into office. There is many Americans who should be ashamed of themselves...

Which leads me to the obvious... Obama. I did not want him to be the next President. I am very Conservative and he is not. That is what it boils down to.

However...He IS our President now. I REFUSE to be one of "those" people. I will not bring myself to that level of the GW's haters, the media, the celebrities. The American people voted him in to office. I can accept that as that is one of the rights my husband defends...

I hope he does well for this Country. I hope his little girls stay safe and sound. I hope our Country can unite once again and stand strong as we have in the past. I can now honestly say to my daughters... There are no barriers in America. White, Black, Man, Woman... you can be President of the United States. That is an accomplishment we should all be proud of.

So, Good Luck Mr. President, you are going to need it. God Bless you, God Bless America.