Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hide and Seek

In the past few days reality has finally hit me people... I may never go to the bathroom again alone. MAYBE just a little exaggeration, I mean, come on, I DO get to go by myself either early in the morning or late at night when Em is asleep. All of the sudden with walking comes following everywhere. I now find myself planning on when and how to make the attempt to pee. I see the child eagerly sipping away on her juice engrossed in yet again the song "Hot potato" by the Wiggles so I decided to make a dash for the toilet. Do NOT run, she will think something is going on, just speed walk quietly down the hall.... pulling pants down.... Wait, what is that, do I hear tiny little feet stumbling eagerly? Yup, there she is, standing in the doorway with that huge toothy grin and that silly little laugh that behind it lies the meaning of "I found you Mommy, wasn't that fun"? Now that she found me she wobbles in the bathroom, first giving me a hug on the toilet then makes her way to the toilet paper. Suddenly ripping all my toilet paper to shreds seems to be the new hot game to play in my house.... "What is Mommy doing now? Is Mommy trying to pull her pants up? Maybe I should help her"... Tug tug tug...Laugh laugh laugh....
I used to be one of those BEFORE kids people that slept in.... you know, past 6? Why is it that when you have a kid your body no longer wants or needs to sleep? I try, I really do. I wake up, and just lay there.... "Come on body, go back to sleep, she is not going to be up for another 2 hours" Yet nothing happens... I stay awake. So, I get up and take a shower right away, might as well or it won't happen until nap time. I get ready, make the bed, pick up, clean some stuff.... Do the whole computer thing and drink lots of coffee... Why can't I sleep? It's like I gave birth and flipped an interior switch to Mommy mode that no longer allows me to....I used to take naps as well... I try now and I just lay there looking up at the ceiling for about 10 minutes before I decide it's pointless....I have never been more tired than I am being a mother, why the hell can't I sleep?
We have friends visiting with us that we were stationed with in Japan as well as in Texas. They are in Virgina now and decided to drive down to see Keith before he leaves. They are here for a couple of nights so it should be fun. Speaking of Keith, I think this coming weekend is my last weekend with Keith until he comes back. How much does that suck? I find my tummy in knots lately... stink'in nerves... I also find myself with a lump in my throat a lot... It is getting a little harder to keep it together lately. It sucks...
Well, I am going to have another cup of Java and read some other's Blogs. Until later....