Sunday, September 18, 2005

So much for That idea

Okay, so the whole hiring of the boy didn't work out... so my friends what does that mean for me? Lots of blisters on my hands and pain in my back. Joy. Yup, that is right, I cleaned up the damn yard myself. I asked Elaine to watch Em while I did it... when I was done I came back inside and smelled wonderful food cooking in my kitchen. Right then and there I asked Elaine to Marry Me...LOL
So, since I am not paying the boy to do my yard and since Elaine was kind of enough to watch my monster, I mean daughter... I am taking us out to lunch tomorrow to..... Smithfields Chicken N BBQ. I went there the other day for the first time and that is some Yummy shit! They make awesome southern food (Mine and Elaine's favorite), and the besides my Grandmother in Georgia, some of the best sweetened Iced Tea I ever had. So much so I bought a gallon before I left. Oh, and Mom, they also sell Brunswick Stew.... Yummers!
So anyway, It seems that everything worked out... including my ass which got a good one today. I also talked with my "Back Up", my mother, about my Turkey who has been having tantrum after tantrum... She seems to think that Emmy is taking out her frustrations about her father being gone on me since she can not communicate any other way. Kind of like she is blaming me for what has happened.... Greeeaaattttt..... Keith and I actually talked about that on the phone. I know that is part of it but my first instinct is to get upset myself. I mean, who wants to deal with a tantrum in the middle of a public place? Not me... Keith and my Mother both agree that I should ignore her and let her play it out in the store. So easy for them to say but I can't stand the "looks" I get from people... You know, the "Why can't you get some control over that kid and make her shut up" looks. (By the way, I apologize to any parent I gave that look to before I had Emmy, little did I know I was headed down the same path, soooo sorry!) My Mother had some great motherly advise... She told me to just give them all the finger. Hmmm, is this the same woman who can't stand it if I say the word "damn" around her and now she is telling me to flip people off? My, how things change.... Anyway, my flipping out doesn't seem to be working does it? So, maybe I should just do it.... God help me and everyone around her when it happens... I will let you know how it goes.
Besides that Keith told me to just ask Dr. Phil (He knows how much I love Dr. Phil...LOL)... so if you are out there Dr Phil... How do I deal with a 1.5 year old who can not use words to communicate, whose father is in Iraq and does not understand what is going on and is taking it out on me? How do I as her mother not loose my mind during the next six months? And, would you mind sending me a maid, nanny, and a company to take care of my yard for the next six months.... Especially after the next hurricane. Then can I go to a spa and just have one day to my self to relax? OH yeah, and some money to pay my damn bills including my cars? LOL....
OH, speaking of Dr Phil... my Mother kind of plays that role of "tell it like it is" and she didn't mind telling me that pretty much Emily's acting up is normal and I am not.... To get used to it because I am a parent and I don't have a baby anymore, I have a walking, semi-talking, get into trouble, into everything, breathing child and I am going to have to deal with all sorts of situations with each age... that I need to learn how to be patient and not freak out over everything. Keith tells me that too but nicer....LOL Not that my Mother isn't nice she justs knows I need to hear things like that in order to move on. She told me to take a deep breath and not yell, to love pick her up and love on her more and whisper in her ear how much Daddy and I love her. That she needs to hear that more than me getting upset. I know this and if I was watching some TV show I would say that too... so much easier when it is somebody elses kid. I just want her to be good but she is 1, her father is gone, she is teething... she has a lot going on and she can not communicate to me.... she is in her own way and I am not helping matters. I actually stayed pretty calm today and we had a really good day together... so maybe the problem is me and not her. I guess I have a lot to learn about motherhood... Glad I have a Mother and Father who have enough patience to deal with their daughter still and a husband who is patient enough to listen to me vent even though he has enough problems on his hands where he is. Thanks Mom and Dad for still taking care of me... Thank you Keith for always listening and helping me out when you shouldn't have to be worrying about what is going on here. I love you all ....
So... I am actually feeling better about things with the yard done and having talked to Keith twice in two days plus he sent me the sweetest email ever. I wish he wrote or talked to me like that all the time, it is nice to know you are loved and appreciated from time to time! LOL Not that he doesn't show it, is just nice to hear!
Well, I am going to wrap this up. I need to email Keith and I am sure Elaine wants to email her hubby as well. Thanks again to my parents for putting up with me and love me enough to be straight with me.... and to my hubby who is always listening to me complain and has an open ear and heart. I adore you and love you for being such a great husband and father. Be safe and come home soon....