Friday, August 12, 2005

One Week and Counting

7 Days!!! That is all I have left with Keith!! Okay, well really he leaves in 7 days so technically we only have 6 days together. It is finally hitting and me and yesterday I broke down a little... Poor Me Pity Party AGAIN!! I really think I am going to be fine... I am not worried about taking care of Emily or being on my own. However, suddenly it has hit me that Keith is going to a very dangerous place. How am I to sleep at night knowing he is over there and in danger? Am I going to be able to function at a 100 Percent always knowing in the back of my mind that something terrible could happen to him? I told Keith that I wasn't sure I'd even be able to watch the news. I know this is his job, I know he will do everything in his power to protect himself and his troops. The people there though have no fear of dying, it is a scary thing to be up against. I am going to try to enjoy this week and not have a cry fest every few minutes. It wouldn't be fair to Emily and it wouldn't be fair to Keith. He has a lot on his mind, I know he is worried about a lot himself...I don't want him leaving here worried about our welfare. I want him to walk out of this house knowing 100 percent that we are going to be okay and just worry about covering his ass over there and getting home safely to us.
So, anyway, over the next months you might all hear my vent and rant about Iraq or dealing with the fact that I will be a single mother for awhile. I promise I will try not to be depressing or what have you.... who wants to read a depressing Blog? LOL... I think Keith will have computer access at times so I will upload a lot of pics for him and it will also be a good place for him to read about what is going on in our lives.
Emily has gotten a little too cocky when it comes to walking. No longer is she walking with her arms up or looks drunk.... she THINKS she has mastered this whole walking thing but the bruises prove otherwise. The child falls all the time!! She doesn't watch where she is walking and trips and slips over everything. I am almost scared to bring her out because people might look at her and think I beat her!! She even thinks she can drink her sippy and walk at the same time, silly girl... you JUST started walking, stop acting like you know what you are doing and be careful... Mommy might end up having a heart attack before you turn 2!
Talk Talk Talk Talk... That is another thing Em has been doing. All day yesterday the child was trying to tell me something. I have no idea what... Giber Jabber this and that! A few things I can make out... Baby, Bye Bye... Belly is the new one... she walks around hitting her belly while trying to say it. Something like "Ell eeeee" comes out.
Emily likes to do laundry with Mommy so she was helping me take out the clothes from the dryer yesterday when she found one of her blankeys.... she grabbed it and stuck her head in the dryer so she could suck on it right away. There she was with her head in the dryer sucking on her blanket with her eyes rolling to the back of her head. I need to have my camera around me neck so I can catch things like that! Speaking of cameras, I need to take a picture of her latest thing. Now that she is walking we have the LINUS (from Charlie Brown), effect going on. She walks around dragging a blanket with her everywhere now. It is too cute but I might have to buy another silky blanket because I have to wash them all the time!
So anyway, that is what is going on in my life at the moment. I better go. I actually do have things I want to accomplish today! Imagine that... so until next time people!!