Friday, July 11, 2008

Color me RED

This morning when Em and I went to the office to get breakfast we had an interesting conversation. She wanted to know if I could buy her another paint book set. You know those little books that come with the water paints on the cover? So I told her that I didn't have any money at the moment and her reply was " Mommy you have those cards". "Yes I do" I told her, "but I have to still pay with money even when I use those cards" She then paused and looked up at me and said, " I don't know Mommy, all I know is I have a chocolate donut and it doesn't have any sprinkles on it"

I thought that was pretty stink'in funny!!


Nothing going on today. Thank God it's Friday and Keith has the weekend off so I can leave this room!! LOL We have plans to have dinner with two couples this weekend. I am nervous. I hate meeting new people and trying to come up with conversation. I am not really a social butterfly but at least we all have kids so that is something to always talk about.

So the other night we got a phone call on the hotel room phone which has not happened since we got here so it was a bit strange. So I pick it up and it's some guy asking me if I own a black Mustang and which I reply yes, thinking Keith needed to move the car for the office personnel for whatever reason. This guy on the phone then tells me that he HIT Keith's car while he was backing up. So, I try not to freak out on the phone and just say okay, "I'll be right there". I hung up and tried to calmly tell Keith about his "baby". Keith freaks the hell out and is spitting and sputtering... swearing like crazy... He gets dressed and we start arguing and yelling at each other (Cause we are both GREAT under pressure), and I stay with the kids in room while he leaves to deal with the guy and the Mustang. Next thing I know Keith opens the door and he is BEAT RED. He tells me the whole back end is totalled and doesn't know how this "dumb ass fucked his car up that much", so he brought the guy back to "apologize" me. Then this guy steps out from behind Keith and it turns out he is a Gunny that Keith used to work with in Iwakuni. I had not seen this person in 10 years... Most people say things like "Wow, it's nice to see you, how have you been" Not me people... I pointed at him and yelled "FUCK YOU"!!! Yup, classy, I know!! So then I calmed down and we all talked and caught up... I guess you can say that both Keith and I were a bit happy the car wasn't Fucked up...

So, that about sums it up for now... I miss my camera. And my bed... and my couch. And my pain in the ass dogs. (Who are still at my parent's house and will be until Sept because of the Quarantine process) Lucky them huh?

Later