Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hello World

We are back to living a semi normal life. I say "semi" because life with a 6 month old and a 4 year old isn't exactly always normal. Speaking of which, Oli is turning 6 months old tomorrow! 6 MONTHS OLD! How the hell did that happen? She is doing great. She refuses to sit up which is fine by me because once she does that she will start crawling and I am not ready for the moving yet. I have to say though that she is a pretty easy baby to take care of, for the most part. She has her moments. The poor thing has one tooth after another coming in and that has been hard on her. She started sleeping through the night now thanks to my Mother who reminded me that Oli is old enough (and chunky enough), to go without a bottle through the night. She was right. The night after I talked to her I heard Oli whimper once and she fell right back to sleep and didn't wake again until 6am. She has been sleeping 12 hours for the past few nights now so my brain is feeling less and less like it's in a coma. I know it won't always be like that as she get older, things will change but it's nice while it last. Sleep is a wonderful thing people. It's nice to get some after months without.

Emily is Em. The poor girl has gone through allot in the past year. I think it all finally caught up with her as we have been having issues with her being scared of being alone. She seems to finally be a bit better but it's not 100 percent yet. I keep reminding myself to be patient but it's hard when you are trying to go pee and a 4 year old is standing right beside you. We enrolled her in a daycare on one of the bases for two days a week for 4 hours at a time. I can already see a difference. She is already willing to separate herself for a few minutes to run up the stairs to get something quick. That would not have happened just last week so it's an improvement. She is also doing this "body tremor" thing before falling asleep which we are taking her to the doctor for. It's not a seizure as she responds to you if you wake her up by calling to her. I am not sure what it is... A Tic, muscle spasms, stress... it could be anything. She only does it on her belly and not when she is awake at all. It very rigid and strong movements. I will let you know what the doctor says about it. Other than that though she is good. She loves her new room and her and Oli's playroom. She likes the daycare (or the school as we call it), and she is thrilled to finally have all her things again. She had a mental inventory of everything that she was supposed to get out of the boxes when the movers came. Once everything had a place and put away she would remember something and freak out if she couldn't find it. Finally she knows she has everything and is content and enjoying it all again. Em keeps asking about "Special Work" as well and we keep telling her that Daddy does not have to go back. It is something that she worries about. We have brought her to Daddy's work so she can see where he goes every day, she can see the fire trucks and gets in them with Daddy. We want her to understand that he is never far and has it in her head exactly where he is going to be. I think it has helped and trusts that he will be home at night. Slowly we are getting back to normal and she is able to trust in the routine and not worry about things that she has worried about for a year now. Now the most difficult thing for her to understand is how far away we are from Grandma, Grandpa, Nanny, and Grand Dad... and of course her Catie. She wants so badly to see everyone and misses them so much after spending so much time with them. It is hard on her not seeing them all, and of course the same for me. Living in Hawaii is a dream but being away from family is difficult on both Em and I. She enjoys talking to everyone on the phone now and she thinks it's the most wonderful thing in the world when she gets a special surprise in the mail. I am thinking of getting a cork board and putting it in her room and fill it will pictures of family for her. I think she would really like that. Hopefully everyone will be able to come and visit when they can.

So, Hawaii is very nice. We LOVE LOVE LOVE our house. I will have to post some pictures later of the outside so you can see it finally. I am getting to know my way around and feel more comfortable driving. I don't really like driving on the main highways here because everyone drives so differently it makes me uncomfortable. I don't know how to explain it but to sum it up I don't trust others because I don't know what to expect from them. The shopping is unbelievable here. I have never seen shopping malls/plazas/centers as massive as there are here. The food is awesome and it's a challenge just do decide on what you want while out. If you can believe it I have only been to the beach once. Keith has been a few times but with Oli being so little it's not something I really want to do. Once she is sitting up and can play more I will be more willing to go.

So that about sums everything up at the moment. Oli is good and growing strong. It won't be long now before she gets the idea to start crawling. She is eating solids really well and growing teeth. All she wants is to be held and loved at the moment so I am enjoying that while it lasts. Em is talking great now. She still pronounces her "R's" as a "W" but that is it really. The things she says and talks about cracks me up. She is in the questioning everything stage. Why this, why that... She is a wonderful big sister and helps out with Oli as much as possible. She loves riding her bike, going shopping, and talking on the phone. I can't get over how big she is now and how much older she looks. It seems like she should still be the baby and now I have another that seems to be growing too fast. I keep telling Oli she is not allowed to grow as fast as her sister but she refuses to listen to me.
Anyway... I will posts some pictures of the house later. And how great is it that I am going to be an Aunt again???? I am so excited for Kari, Ian, Scott, and Sami...

Well, better get a move on. I think the kiddos might want to eat... Later