Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nothing much

So it turns out we finally got offered a house. FINALLY!! Hopefully we should have a tour with the housing office by the end of the week. I say hopefully because... IT is a brand new house and it isn't finished just yet. Yeah, you read that right...BRAND NEW!! Whooot Whooot!! This will be the nicest house we have ever lived in and that includes the house we currently own in Texas. I can't wait to move in it... Keith and I have allot of plans but of course once we get our things is when we can really see how things should go. I am excited... We have never really cared about decorating or making things our own while in base housing so we are thrilled.

We drove all over the Island this past weekend. It was very nice even though Olivia didn't really enjoy it and Em kept asking "Are we there yet?" She is very much like her father and didn't understand the concept of driving without having an end result. She just couldn't sit back and enjoy the view!! LOL Sometimes Keith gets annoyed with her and what she is doing at the moment or how she is acting and I look at him like "Really? Because that is EXACTLY how you are!"
Anyway, it was a nice drive. Some times I wonder what Keith is thinking when he tells me things. When we were driving around the North Shore area Keith felt the need to tell me to "Not take the kids to that area by myself" Really? So, I shouldn't try to take an infant and my 4 year old to a beach alone where it is well known for it huge waves and strong currents? News flash, I am not going to any beach alone with two kids (one being a baby) alone... yeah that sounds like great fun and real safe too... Maybe I should just get a surf board and teach Oli early... the North Shore sounds like a perfect place to start... *Insert Eye Roll*

So I started Oli on solid food. She didn't take to the cereal at first. I guess being it was Rice cereal and it has no flavor I can't say I blame her. Once I added a bit of sweet potato to it though she started opening her mouth like a little birdy. Now she grunts at me if I don't get that damn spoon in her mouth the second she has swallowed. She eats like a pig and still nurses every 3-4 hours if not more!! She is a little chunk! I can't wait until we get her room set up and she has a room and a bed of her own finally. Her own things, her own space. She has no idea what that is like. I feel like Em had so much more and she did at that age. I feel like a bad mother to Oli for not giving her the same things Em had. I finally got her a Jumper at Toys R Us the other day. It the little galloping horse Jumper and makes these really cute noises. She loves it!!I told Keith I didn't care that we were still in TLF, she needed something of her own and I wanted her to have it. Once we move I have a feeling I am going to be making it up to her allot more!!

Em is doing well. I don't think many kids at her age could handle everything is has been going through lately. I will be happy for her once she has her bed and toys again. She knows we should get a house soon and all her toys. She has been a trooper this past year and endured everything very well. God knows there has been a ton of changes in her life. I was asking about Pre-school in the area and don't think we will be able to afford one here as they are about 600 bucks a month!! I am going to look into other things for her like the day care on base for a couple days a week and maybe some dance classes. Something to keep her mind busy and still have social access with her peers.

So that is about all right now I guess. The kiddos should be waking up soon.

Until later...