Monday, September 22, 2008

What the Bloody Hell?

I don't know what it is exactly about me but I attract all the crazy people, not matter where I live. As many of you know I am not exactly a "people person". I don't give off that "Hey, I am a very friendly person" look/vibe either so I guess that doesn't help.... that and always sputtering things out of my mouth that maybe I should try to keep in my head more often. AND... my potty mouth usually gives me some odd looks more often than not. I guess it's not every day you go to KMarts and see a mother with her two little girls cursing out loud about the line from hell. It's not my fault though people... I mean how hard it is to figure out that if you have one register open and 30 people making a curved line through out your store it might be time to open some more? So, I decided I was going to help the woman out who was standing behind a closed register talking to another employee like she had nothing damn better to do. "Hey" I said, (Nice and bloody loud of course), "are you going to open any time soon?" She looked at me and said "I am closed". and then went about her conversation. So, I did what any other New Yorker would do and replied back. "Yeah, that makes perfect fucking since". I guess that kind of shocked a few people in line as I got a few "looks" Give me a fucking break okay? I am waiting in a line that is half a mile long for a friggin 3 dollar Rattle and a pack of Gummi Worms with two kids who have the patience of a fruit fly ... The Bitch is lucky I didn't take the pack of Gummi worms and throw it across her head to help her get it out of her ass... I haven't worked in retail for a long time but I sometimes wonder if the only qualification you need to do is being able to breath.

I guess some other employee heard me and ran over to another register and opened it up. So... that leads me to the crazy (And I don't mean me). I am waiting to pay for Emily's friggin Gummi Worms when the woman in back of me decides to try to make conversation. People... have you ever gone in a store and just wanted to leave to go take some sort of shower that sterilized your entire body? Just looking at this woman made my skin want to crawl off and wait for me outside the store for fear of absorbing any of her filthy germs. Blah... Anyway, she starts asking me questions about the baby and none of which I can answer because she has absolutely no teeth in her head and when she talks her lips start flapping. So, I just stand there pushing Emily behind me, making sure the crazy doesn't lean into the stroller, and making that fake smile nodding my head. As soon as we stepped out the door I got my anti germ gel and bathed the kids and I in it. Some times I wonder why I even bother.

I have a question for you. Why is it that the stores in Hawaii sell winter clothing and jackets? Why is it that I live in a place that is 90 all year round so I want to buy extra bathing suits for the kids but I can't find any? I guess I could go to the tourist area and look but I refuse to pay that much for 4 year old's bathing suit. I don't understand why stores don't market the area they sell in. Thank God though that I can still find big ass bright shirts with a tropical print on it any where I go!

THANK
GOD!

Speaking of God, but in an entirely different manner... My Grandmother just passed away a few days ago. She lived a long life... I am not happy that she is gone but I am happy that she got to live so long and see her great grand kids. It's been hard going home and seeing her in a nursing home knowing in her past she was so full of life. It's hard knowing that she couldn't remember that life either. I hope she is in a place now where she can remember us all and the times she spent with us. Of course I couldn't go to the funeral and say goodbye so I just want to write a few things to her that I remember and hope that she can now enjoy those memories as I will always hold them close to my heart.

Dear Gram, Thank you for all the trips you took Kris, Sherry, and I on. It was something I always looked forward to every summer and you never disappointed us. Thanks for watching us during the summers and making your little people pancakes upon request. Thank you for the never caring when we drug out all your sheets and blankets to make huge forts in your basement. Thanks for all the times you watched us dance our silly dances, the card games out on the patio, and the walks through the rose garden. Thanks for teaching me how to make chocolate chip cookies... and endless sleep overs, home made shirts, and Christmas tree decorations. Thanks for hugs, the kisses, and songs you sang while you rocked us. Thank you for entrusting me with your mother's ring, and the laughs we had calling Grandpa "Grumpy". Thanks for loving us all and for being Sherry's rock and bringing stability in her short life. Thank you for being Grandma to us all and making our childhood special. I will miss you but I know you are better off where you are... Know how much I love you....

PS... Give Sherry a hug for me and tell her that her cousin misses her every day...

Well...the kids are hollering for their mother, I guess I better get off my booty. Later.