Monday, August 15, 2005

A first for her, a first for me

Do you know what else happens once your kid starts to walk? They no longer want to sit in their stroller... Emily did another "First" the other day. We were at Target ( Yes, Christie, I am a Target LOVER too!) when Emily started to throw one of her lovely fits. So, I took her out of her stroller and she was still not happy. What is that my brain is telling me to do? Put her down and let her walk you say? Okay, why not... So there you go people, my big girl held Mommy and Daddy's hands while she WALKED around Target.... *sniff sniff* A new day has begun!
My brain was working overtime I guess because I ummmm, kind of lost my keys at Target that same night. Can you say ummmm, OH Fuck!!! Yikes... It was getting kind of late for Em and I couldn't get her home!! Luckily we had come in separate cars because our friends were staying with us and Keith could drive home and get my extra set. Yes, people, he was in a GREAT mood! So anyway, in the midst of Emily getting more pissed by the minute (the car seat is in my car), because she is still awake and it is 9pm, Elaine and I checked all over Target land. Let me tell you people, if I had been at Wally World I probably would have never seen them again. But the Red Vested Target heros overheard my pleas over Em's screaming and came to my aide. Not only did they look in every cart including the ones being used, they checked the floors, they asked customers that were shopping... they spent a good hour looking for us. However, they didn't find them. You could tell they actually felt badly, and they actually looked liked they cared! So anyway, I went home with the spare key, a pissed off baby and husband, and friends who will never get that hour of their lives back! BUT hey, ya know what? The red vested heros called me the very next morning and said that they had found them after all! Yeah! So the moral of the story is... Try using your brain functions at full capacity at all times and pack your spare keys in your diaper bag especially when your husband is going to Iraq and won't be home to go get the spare set!
So, until later people...