Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm Not a Monster

For some ungodly reason my eye has decided that it needs to twitch... not only that but it seems to enjoy it as it has been continuing to do so for 5 days now. I am becoming very tiresome of it... DEAR EYELID, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE STOP THE FUCKING TWITCHING!
Today my big outing was going to the bank and then having to go get Em some of her essentials at the Market. Really people, I will stop for a minute so you can contain yourself from all the excitement.... So, I go to the bank and thinking it is going to be a 5 minute task I leave the stroller in the car. Don't you hate it when you fuck up like that? I walk in the door and there is a line from Hell... Oh well, I am inside now, might as well get in line. So, now I have the pleasure of holding the 22 pound Turkey who knows she can walk and demands to get down while I'm waiting. Fun Stuff people, why can't anything just be simple? Well, HELLO, we are talking about me here so DUH... of course there is going to be a long line. Then of course I have to stand in back of the huge fat ass whose skin hasn't touched a drop of fucking water in what smells like a month...His fucking hair was so greasy that it was comparable to the leftovers of bacon grease. The only reason I stopped fixating on his nasty grape was because Em started burrowing in my boobs. Em is going through this stage now of burying her face in my boobs to pacify herself when we are around other people that she doesn't know... in other words, she has gotten shy. It seems this older woman in back of us was playing "Peek a Boo" with Em and Em decided she was going to make the crazy woman not exist by hiding her face in my boobs. She was hugging on for dear life, making "ummmp" noises at the woman. So, I turn around and look at the lady, unsure of what to say, but before I could spit anything out she says " I guess that is the Grandmother in me, always wanting to play with a baby"... so whatever, I leave it at that and decide to just enjoy the hugging from Em. The problem is that once you've made eye contact with somebody like that they feel it is an open invitation to go on and converse with you. *sigh* Not really my cup of tea, talking with people having allot of New Yorker in me still!! So then for the rest of my time in line I had to continue our "talk" and then of course do the whole "Say Bye-bye" routine with Em.
Blah, why can't people just leave you alone when you have a kid? Anyway, we get to the Market and Em has developed a way to entertain herself there. I call it " scream at the top of your lungs to make yourself laugh game". Yeah, so that isn't embarrassing or anything...
Keith sent Em a video CD of himself reading a book to Em. If you know Keith at all from Pre-Em you would never ever be able to picture him reading any kids books of any kind. So, anyway, not having a huge history of reading kids books he chooses a Dr. Seuss book. We all know what those books are like....HARD to read! So, there is Keith is his Desert Cammies reading Dr. Seuss and laughing at himself because he keeps getting tongue tied. It was just so funny to watch, so cute to see him stumble when he trys so hard to be perfect with everything. Em lit up when she heard his voice and saw him. Whenever she heard him say her name she would look at him with these wide eyes... After she watched it she ran into her bedroom and started touching his pictures and saying Dada over and over. I think in a way the video brought back the confusion of where he was because she asked for him all day again. She did it allot again today, saying Dada and picked up her Cell phone(it's a damn toy people, I didn't get my 1.5 year old her own damn line people!), and kept asking for him on the phone. I think she thinks Dada is in the phone now because that is where she usually hears him. I know she misses him, I know she doesn't understand where he is exactly but I think she is better at dealing with it now... I think when she saw the video she was happy to actually see him and in turn she started asking for him again. I have a feeling that when Dada comes home Daddy is going to be "King" and I will be thrown the curb!!
On that note, I will end my bunch of babble. Have a good weekend.. Ta-ta