Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Pucker Up

It's scary when you are with your child every day and you can actually notice them looking differently to you. I can't imagine what it is going to be like for Keith when he sees her for the first time in months. Emmy's face looks so different to me lately. I don't know if she it is because she is growing more hair or maybe her face is filling out. I can't quit put my finger on it, but she looks different to me. When did that happen exactly? I know it happens, it just bothers me that it happens so quickly that I can actually see it.
Today I became human sucky blanket... I put one of Em's sucky blankets over my head with my face sticking out and Em decided she liked that. Em does this thing with her lips when she is pacifying herself... Elaine laughs her ass off every time she sees it... It is hard to describe but I will try. First she curls both her lips outward and upward (yeah), then she protrudes her bottom jaw out, scrunches up her face, and sticks her tongue behind her two top teeth... all the while making a "Nanananana" sound. Try it, go ahead... I know you are going to anyway so just do it and get it over with..... So anyway while I had the blanket covering my head she sees me with her sucky blanket and races across the room all while making the sucky face... Then she lunges her body on me and begins sucking on her blanket and hugging me and singing "nananana" in my ear. She liked it so much she decided to stay awhile...If I hadn't been laughing so hard I probably would have enjoyed it more! Then later during the day she stuck the blanket back over my head and proceeded to use me again as her human sucky blanket. So now along with my long list of titles I am also Mommy, Human Sucky Blanket...
Whomever said "Choose your Battles" was pretty damn smart. I used to get really upset if Em wouldn't sit still and let me get her dressed or put her diaper on... Now I am totally different. If she is in the middle of getting her booty changed and she takes off with her bare bottom blowing in the breeze, so be it. Whatever people, if she pisses I'll clean it up. I manage to get her half dressed before she takes off running down the hall then I'll just catch up to her later. Why stress about it, so what she's naked, I don't care, the dogs don't care... Who gives a shit? Not me, that's for damn sure. I guess it's good that we don't have carpet.
Another battle is the climbing or not to climb. She wants to pretend she is a monkey and climb on everything. This is a battle I am not willing to let her win though... she is finally learning that. So, that is good... Coffee tables are a no, Leapster Learning Tables are a no, the dogs are a no... ya know, that sort of thing. Another thing is food... People, I can't tell you how I used to stress about her food in-take and Milk in-take (Formula)... Not anymore my friends. Besides the fact that she eats like a pig most of the time, I have come to the realization that if somebody paid me a million dollars to get her to eat something and she doesn't want it, well I am going to be piss poor! I used to COUNT every litte ounce of formula and milk she drank and now people.... I give her a cup, if she drinks it great, if not, oh well, what the hell can I do? So, I am learning people, just take it little by little, day by day. I have been allot less stressed since when Keith first left. My little Turkey might be running around naked as a Jay Bird, the house might not be up to Keith's anal Marine Corps standards but hey... I am finally getting some damn much needed sleep AND I have actually taken some time to sit on my couch and watch TV... Holy Mary Mother of God, I haven't done that since before EM was born so that is pretty damn good!
So, on that note, I think I will go sit my arse on my couch with my little evil Boston Terriers and Veg for a bit tonight.... Later people!