Friday, October 21, 2005

Rinse, Wash, Repeat

Last Year during Kari's wedding I had the whole "I want another baby" thing going on my brain. Em was only 6 months old then and I thought I had come out of the worst of the "Baby" stuff like not sleeping and all that funess. Then came the teething, the whining, crying, screaming, MOBILITY, and lots more of whining baby from Hell and I decided NO MORE BABIES!!
Now though with Em I am seeing a little person emerge from this tiny baby I once had. She understands what I say, walks and holds my hand, eats big people food, drinks from a cup, plays, talks, and does all this BIG Girl stuff. Mind you I am still wiping shit off her ass but hey, we are getting there. She has her independence in allot of ways and I have also gained some of mine back... although I have lost some in other ways like not ever taking a piss by myself or not being able to walk down the hallways without somebody yelling and screaming after me. And let's face it, when they get to this age you are better at planning, organizing, and schedules seem easier to live with. So, that got me to thinking, what AM I going to do with all the baby stuff I have in storage. Oh so many cute little outfits, the wonderful God Blessed swing, the exersaucer that Em adored... all stuff taking up space in my shed.
Keith called me from Iraq yesterday and I brought it up with him. I am pushing 35 people, it's now or never. We decided when he gets back we are gonna give a go. I would LOVE for Em to have a sibling, someone who she will always have to turn to. I can't imagine my life growing up without Kristin being apart of it and I know Keith can't imagine Ian not in his. For all the reasons to have another that are mine I believe that giving her a sister or brother is the most important. Who knows if it will happen though. I mean it took 9 LONG years to have Em. Maybe she was the only one I was meant to have... but hey, we can try can't we? This time around there isn't any pressure either. I have Em, I am blessed to have her. If I NEVER have another I can whole heartedly say I am good with that... I am at peace with that. This time around I think alot of things would be different.... I don't think I would freak over every little twinge or pain... I know how things are suppose to feel, what is normal. I think I could take each day and just enjoy it... The ONLY thing I would worry about would of course be the Pre-eclampsia. I am going to the Doctor for a complete check up, get on some vitamins, and ask about the Pre-eclampsia to see what the chances of that happening again are. I also need to find out if there is a NICU in the area. I wish I could go back to San Angelo and have the baby!! I would feel so much better knowing what capable hands we would be in... they truly are the best group of Doctors and Nurses there!!
Anyway, I am excited about it... yet not overly excited to the point that I am going to have a break down each time I get my period... it's just something we are going to try and if it doesn't happen, so be it. So, who knows, we will see, Maybe Kari and I could be BIG Belly Buddies!! LOL Then again if Kari gets preggo first and I see her puking and all that fun stuff I might change my mind again!! LOL I want my sister to have another too, so that would be something if all three of us were preggo together
So anyway, there you have it. Boy, Girl, do not care. I just want to enjoy each day if does happen. I am not going to rush the milestones this time... just relax and take things day by day. I want to have the baby the way that you are supposed to, I want to Breast feed, I want to take the baby home with me when I go home.... I want Em to be a big Sister, I want Keith to actually change diapers this time, I want the baby to stay a baby a little longer this time around!! ;)
So, I guess it's fair to say you better wish Good Luck to Kari's and my family... They are going to have their hands full with us!! LOL

Edit to add that after I did this I gave Em some Chocolate milk.... 2 minutes later I found her sitting in her milk in the hallway.... NICE!! She took the top off and thought it would be fun to swim in chocolate milk along with make a nice "painting" all over my walls... then while I was cleaning that up she decided to show me her new trick she could do.... Climb up on the coffee table! Gotta Love the Kids!!